Before Booking - Things to Know
There a few things to know before booking so that we can make your experience more enjoyable:
- Please be at your departure point 20 to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time for your Induction procedure and safety gear fitting
- We are available 7 days per week - just check the calendar on the booking pages for availability
- Do we take children? Yes, if their head size fits our helmets (see Helmet chart below) - measure and check, then book. It's all about the size of their head and if we have a helmet that fits - not their age (but the law requires people to be at least 8 years old)
- The preferred departure point for all tours and services (except Chauffeur Services to the City) is from our Southbank office as you will be fitted with helmets from our full range of helmet sizes (Adult Extra Small to 2XL), wet weather gear, gloves and armoured motorcycle safety jackets (sizes Adult Small to 3XL)
- For departures from other locations (where the service caters for it) - we bring a helmet and a safety jacket in the sizes you nominated when booking, and a limited choice of sizes for wet weather gear and gloves (we simply can't carry a lot). So when booking for pick up from a location other than Southbank always be particularly accurate with your helmet size and measure up if necessary - see below If your chosen helmet size does not fit we may need to reschedule. In order to reduce this risk we ask you to call us on 1800 TRIKE TOURS or email us so we can discuss ways to reduce this risk - there are a number of simple solutions - and for longer tours we may be able to do a pre-tour helmet fitting at your location or at our Southbank office.
- There are size and weight (220 kgs) constraints on our vehicles – please see Terms and Conditions re carrying and weight capacity. If you exceed a 3XL jacket size you are unlikely to fit comfortably on board.
- Our booking arrangements allow you to book online as little as 12 hours before your departure time - for same day bookings please call us on 1800 TRIKE TOURS (1800 874 538) to check availability and we can book over the phone. If you need to leave a message, and you are calling from an international phone number, please ensure you leave your country code so we can call you back.
- For your comfort we provide the use of clean:
- approved armoured motorcycle safety jackets (with thermal liners in cool weather)
- wet weather jackets and pants
- face visors
- We use Bluetooth in-helmet communication systems
- We recommend you wear:
- stable footwear
- clothing that allows for the relevant temperature and wind impact of speeds up to the Victorian speed limits. Our Safety Gear will assist you with this. Layers of clothing is recommended.
- What to bring:
- camera/mobile phone
- your glasses (our helmets have a visor)
- hat (for if you are off the Trike).
- Our Trikes contain a luggage boot to carry some items e.g a backpack
- Our vehicles are engineered in Germany, fully imported from the manufacturer through the Australian Distributor and built to comply with Australian standards
How to measure for your helmet
Use a flexible belt, tape measure or similar to measure around the widest part of your head (place it approximately 2 cm above your eyebrow, just above the ears and at the point on the back of your head that will give you the largest measurement for your helmet) then measure the length and compare it to the chart below.
|Helmet Size||Head Circumference (cm)||Head Circumference (inches)|
|XS||53 - 54||20 7/8" - 21 1/4"|
|S||55 - 56||21 5/8" - 22"|
|M||57 - 58||22 3/8" - 22 3/4"|
|L||59 - 60||23 1/4" - 23 5/8"|
|XL||61 - 62||24" - 24 3/8"|
|2XL||63 - 64||24 3/4" - 25 1/4"|
If you have any questions please call us on 1800 TRIKE TOURS (1800 874 538).