Before Booking - Things to Know
There a few things to know before booking so that we can make your experience more enjoyable:
- Please be at your departure point 20 to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time for your Induction procedure and safety gear fitting
- The nature of our operating license from the Government requires people to book in advance. We are available 7 days per week - just check the calendar on the booking pages for availability - you can book online as little as 12 hours before your departure time. When you book you will receive confirmation and we turn up on time to take you on your tour. For same day bookings please call us on 1800 TRIKE TOURS (1800 874 538) to check availability and we can book over the phone
- Do we take children? Yes, if their head size fits our helmets (see Helmet chart below) - measure and check, then book. The law requires people to be at least 8 years old
- The departure point for all tours and services (except Chauffeur Services returning to the City, or as otherwise indicated) is from our Southbank office as you will be fitted with helmets from our full range of helmet sizes (Adult Extra Small to 2XL), wet weather gear, gloves and armoured motorcycle safety jackets (sizes Adult Small to 3XL)
- For departures from other locations (if the service caters for it): this is limited due to the need to fit safety gear. We may offer to arrange a pre-tour fitting with you at our office for long tours. If you book with us and require this service we ask you to call us on 1800 TRIKE TOURS or email us so we can discuss it.
- There are size and legal weight constraints (max 220 kgs) for passengers to adhere to on our vehicles – please see Terms and Conditions re carrying and weight capacity. If you exceed a 3XL jacket size you are unlikely to fit comfortably on board
- Touring with a disability - please read our Blog as you may need to be accompanied: https://www.triketoursmelbourne.com.au/blog/touring-with-disabilities-or-impairments_143s41
- Booking directly with us through our website, rather than a third party agent, enables us to keep all tour prices down and supports small business - and we appreciate it!
- For your comfort we provide the use of clean:
- approved armoured motorcycle safety jackets (with thermal liners in cool weather)
- wet weather jackets and pants
- We use Bluetooth in-helmet communication systems
- We recommend you wear:
- stable footwear
- clothing that allows for the relevant temperature and wind impact of speeds up to the Victorian speed limits. Our Safety Gear will assist you with this. Layers of clothing is recommended
- What to bring:
- camera/mobile phone
- your glasses (our helmets have visors)
- Our Trikes contain a luggage boot to carry a limited amount of passenger items e.g a backpack
- Our vehicles are engineered in Germany, fully imported from the manufacturer through the Australian Distributor and built to comply with Australian standards
How to measure for your helmet
Use a flexible belt, tape measure or similar to measure around the widest part of your head (place it approximately 2 cm above your eyebrow, just above the ears and at the point on the back of your head that will give you the largest measurement for your helmet) then measure the length and compare it to the chart below.
|Helmet Size||Head Circumference (cm)||Head Circumference (inches)|
|XS||53 - 54||20 7/8" - 21 1/4"|
|S||55 - 56||21 5/8" - 22"|
|M||57 - 58||22 3/8" - 22 3/4"|
|L||59 - 60||23 1/4" - 23 5/8"|
|XL||61 - 62||24" - 24 3/8"|
|2XL||63 - 64||24 3/4" - 25 1/4"|
If you have any questions please call us on 1800 TRIKE TOURS (1800 874 538).